Frequent Triggers And Suggested Treatments For Toothaches
Very few experiences can be as dreaded as suffering from pain in a tooth. That suffering can be multiplied when you don’t even realize exactly what's causing the toothache. No two toothaches are exactly alike, particularly because they can originate from multiple different causes. Learning the site of the pain and the degree of your discomfort can help your dental practitioner in Rosenberg, TX to determine the probable reason for your toothache, which will also enable us to plan the most effective approach to treat it. The highly qualified dentists at Made Ya Smile Rosenberg, TX help patients with toothaches virtually every day. We offer quick, effective treatments to relieve your symptoms and elevate your dental wellness. We have put together a list of typical reasons behind tooth pain and how it should be fixed:
- Gingivitis or periodontitis: A recurring pain in your teeth and gums that bleed easily can often be indicators of periodontal (gum) disease. By the time you begin to develop tooth pain, you are probably experiencing the most serious stage of gum disease, called periodontitis. To clean out infection, gum surgery is generally done to unseal and scrape out the gum pockets. A round of antibiotics is typically prescribed to deal with any left-behind bacteria.
- Ineffective restorations: Poorly fitting or broken restorations may lead to fairly disruptive oral discomfort. Patients who have a crown, bridge, or dentures ought to be seeing their dentist in Rosenberg, TX at least twice each year to have the condition and fit of the restoration monitored. Men and women who are having pain in or close to the restoration are advised to schedule a consultation with their dental practitioner.
- Dental cavities: When not treated properly, a pit in the enamel of the tooth could creep into the tender inner pulp. Once air or other irritants reach the nerves within the tooth, you may start to experience pain and temperature sensitivity. Depending on the amount of decay in the tooth, you might need a filling or root canal surgery to clear out the affected areas and maintain the tooth.
- Heat and cold sensitivity: Having a piercing pain when eating or drinking something that is hot or cold is known as tooth sensitivity. Though many individuals may have a little tooth sensitivity sometimes, when it is a persistent difficulty or is creating serious tooth pain, it can be an indication of a significant issue. Typically, tooth sensitivity is caused by a tooth infection, an abscess, or gum disease. Once your dentist determines the cause of your tooth sensitivity, he or she will be able to tell you your treatment recommendations.
- Misaligned or impacted teeth: Aches and sensitivity in the jaws may happen if teeth are not straight enough, which can cause them to press against one another. Impacted teeth might also lead to tooth pain. To eliminate this pain, your dental practitioner in Rosenberg, TX may recommend braces or clear aligners to fix your tooth alignment or the removal of an impacted tooth. Ideally, you're seeing your dentist at least two times per year for professional cleanings and oral health assessments to make sure they detect problems like impacted teeth or problematic misalignment before you are in a lot of discomfort.
- Abscessed tooth: Beyond damaging the inside of the tooth, ignored infection in your tooth can also harm the adjacent gum tissues. Known as an abscess, it could result in a throbbing pain in your tooth. The pervasive nature of the pain can make it hard to figure out which tooth is problematic. Should you believe you may be developing an infection of the tooth or gums, it is critical that you seek advice from a dentist in Rosenberg, TX right away. Delaying treatment can result in the loss of the tooth and even areas of your gum tissue and jaw.
- Chronic teeth grinding: Bruxism, popularly referred to as teeth grinding, can lead to pain in your teeth, jaw, and neck, in addition to other nearby muscles. Patients in Rosenberg, TX who grind their teeth usually do it while they are asleep or when feeling stress. Bruxism is done with the upper and lower jaws tightly pressed together, so the upper and lower teeth are ground against one another, which may result in pain, chips and tiny fissures, tooth erosion, as well as headaches. Wearing a custom-made night guard when sleeping is among the most effective strategies to reduce the damage of teeth grinding on the teeth and jaw.
- Brushing and flossing improperly: It may seem weird, but many people are too rough while brushing their teeth. This unnecessary aggression can irritate the gums and make them bleed quite easily. Eventually, the gums will be worn away, which also produces pain and makes your teeth unstable. At Made Ya Smile Rosenberg, TX, our dental team will show you proper brushing techniques using a gentle toothbrush to reduce your potential for tender gums.
- Chipped teeth: Fracturing a tooth isn't uncommon. A tooth may be broken or cracked playing sports, chewing something hard (such as hard candy), in an accident, and perhaps by bruxism. If severe pain is present, that is a sure red flag that a crack has made its way down to the tooth’s center, where its nerves are situated. Sometimes, however, the pain is delayed, only to surface long after the fracture happened, once it has worsened.
GET TREATMENT FOR TOOTH PAIN AS SOON AS YOU CAN
Besides being extremely painful, toothaches can also be inconvenient. Procrastinating when it comes to getting treatment is often a terrible idea since it may result in even more significant dental issues later on. As soon as you notice the very first indication of a toothache, we encourage you to get in touch with Made Ya Smile Rosenberg, TX and schedule an appointment at our office. Our skilled dentists are dedicated to helping patients in Rosenberg, TX achieve their healthiest, most confident smiles.